General Eligibility and Funding Criteria
Eligible organizations must have and be able to provide documentation to verify the following:
- Confirmation that the organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity, unit of government, or educational institution
- New or emerging groups that do not have nonprofit status may apply if they have an established nonprofit organization as a fiscal sponsor
- Employee Identification Number (EIN)
- Legal name of organization, address, and contact information (phone, email address, fax)
- Primary contact person and title
- List of staff administering the project
- Most recent financial statements and/or most recent audit and/or IRS Form 990
- Current year operating budget
- List of current board of directors or equivalent governing body
- Confirmation that the organization operates and is organized so as to not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, age, disability, covered veteran status, or other characteristics as identified in the Foundation’s Non-Discrimination Policy Statement.
The following types of requests will NOT be funded:
Check eligibility requirements specific to each competitive grants program for variations.
- Grants to individuals. We are restricted by law and therefore unable to provide grants directly to individuals.
- Projects that have explicit religious content, express a particular religious view, or advance a religious purpose
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Endowment funds or general fundraising campaigns
- Capital improvements