Unrestricted funds are “opportunity” funds, allowing the Foundation board and staff to make strategic grants when opportunities arise. Most Foundation funds are restricted to a particular county, cause, or nonprofit. Unrestricted funds allow strategic delivery of charitable dollars which will have the greatest benefit for East Tennessee.
The following is a listing of our Unrestricted Funds as of 9/15/21:
- A.C. Masingill Endowed Memorial Unrestricted Fund
- Anna G. Schmidt and Barbara M. Landauer Endowment Fund
- Ira O. Johnson Memorial Fund
- Marilyn L. Frank Opportunity Fund
- Natalie Leach Haslam Fund
- Opportunity Endowment Fund
- Paul O. Dore, Jr., and Betty B. Dore Unrestricted Fund
- Samuel and Mary Anne Beall Fund
Operating funds provide an ongoing source of support for the operations of the Foundation.
- Fowler Operating Endowment Fund
- John M. Jones, III Operating Endowment Fund
- Operating Fund
- Unallocated Cash Reserves